Can extract sunshine from a cloudy day!

Join the great company of those who make the barren places of life fruitful with kindness. Carry a vision of heaven in your hearts, and you shall make your name,your college, the world, correspond to that vision. Your success and happiness lie within you. External conditions are the accidents of life, its outer wrappings. The great, enduring realities are love and service. Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulty. ~ Helen Keller
L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥

Monday, February 12, 2018

Nugget Thoughts and Seneca

This was taken April last year at the Jacuzzi Winery if I'm not mistaken ( or was it the other winery, actually).  I believe lovely pictures are captured pieces of one's inner heart heaven. I say this because of the realizations the first couple of months of the year have dished me.

We are on our own journey in spite of all relational companions we have with us. This sounds like an archaic thought, common knowledge I suppose. However, when the raw spirit of a certain truth springs in you, there comes attached a nutty nugget that pushes you to grow.

And in there spouts the niggling question: how much growth have I accomplished? The question doesn't bid the term - 'success' - which is trite, subjective and relevant to materialistic perceptions and prejudices. It is inner growth, a genuine by -your- guiding strength assessment of how much of life I have shaped to the degree that I can stand on my own influence.

How many thoughts are my thoughts, not mere parroting of others. How much brawn is of my own, not merely siphoned from another (which reduces one to a social parasitic crutch). How much of my laughter, smile, joy and happiness stems from my own storage of juice of goodness, not funneled from bleached circumstances and organized events.

And as Seneca has said, : "I will keep constant watch over myself and - most usefully - put each day up for review. For this is what makes us evil - that none of us looks back upon our own lives. We reflect upon only that which we are about to do. And yet our plans for the future descend from the past."




No comments:

Post a Comment

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ~Henry David Thoreau ´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥•.

Thank you for your comment. :D