Can extract sunshine from a cloudy day!

Join the great company of those who make the barren places of life fruitful with kindness. Carry a vision of heaven in your hearts, and you shall make your name,your college, the world, correspond to that vision. Your success and happiness lie within you. External conditions are the accidents of life, its outer wrappings. The great, enduring realities are love and service. Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulty. ~ Helen Keller
L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

A Fresh Perspective

Years of writing and it never dawned on me till now that I could possibly be doing this blog thing wrong, haha! I never fancied myself a lifestyle blogger - never aimed for that either. I went the path of self - analysis and it's accompanying revelations. I guess, I am at heart, still the academic, zeroing in on internal musings highlighted by cubes of photo portraits that give a simple sense of where I am or have been. 

Going through my mounds of travel photos, eats and coffee hangouts, smack dubbed me with the realization that I am possessed with a plethora of writing cues to dig from. I could have done hotel revs and fancy dining revs instead of just keeping it all neat tucked in my social media FB and Instagram account. 

I could have talked about that lovely great time I had by the Park Royal Clark Quay Hotel pool just lounging on my own and taking in a drink...or that romantic candlelight dinner by the river where the Italian chef asked us if everything was to our liking ..or the beautiful evening boat ride that was short of the memorable moment in my life.

I could have written about the lovely fine dine San Francisco dinner my husband and I had...or the pastries at Mara's Italian place in Little Italy...or that Sonoma wine tasting trip that rendered us both tipsy haha! 

I could have talked about where to eat and where not to eat in Hong Kong,,or how windy it was in Las Vegas...Oh goodness, just a sample! 

Well, it's not too late. Tomorrow I'll start organizing my topics in relation to my health and beauty journey, my travels, my restaurant experiences, my recipes.... I have to say  goodbye to the old style me....This year ushered in a lot of new adventures...new perspectives..the old seem to be fading..away...making room for all the fresh new things life comes a - bringing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ~Henry David Thoreau ´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥•.

Thank you for your comment. :D