Can extract sunshine from a cloudy day!

Join the great company of those who make the barren places of life fruitful with kindness. Carry a vision of heaven in your hearts, and you shall make your name,your college, the world, correspond to that vision. Your success and happiness lie within you. External conditions are the accidents of life, its outer wrappings. The great, enduring realities are love and service. Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulty. ~ Helen Keller
L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Vanilla Afternoon with my Son! :D


Wee'...woke up really late today. Hubby out of the country and the boys busy with work so it's just
me with everything that involves my own activities. I'm foreseeing a quiet busy two days of writing and the rest of the week filled up with even more writing, art, photo's, a dinner out and meet-up with friends.


I had a charming weekend, with particular emphasis on the "date" I had with my youngest son. I've always wanted to check out this "Vanilla Bakery" place I've heard about and lo, the moment popped up just right in time! It's a pretty gurly' place - with sprays of pastel and lovely frills;   I was glad my son gamely obliging. It was heartwarming to have that private time to hear what's actually going on in his life , work, play, troubles, plans, hopes. As a mom, the ping to step in and give all sorts of advise springs forth naturally. However, I do realize, I must  step back and let them (both my boys) handle their own challenges. Perhaps this will evolve as a ritual with my two sons. It's great going out with friends, there's so much loveliness in that; but to have your own children as lifelong friends, willing and enjoying to lunch you out is a golden blessing. Praise. 


An Afternoon with Mikee by Slidely Slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ~Henry David Thoreau ´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥•.

Thank you for your comment. :D