Can extract sunshine from a cloudy day!

Join the great company of those who make the barren places of life fruitful with kindness. Carry a vision of heaven in your hearts, and you shall make your name,your college, the world, correspond to that vision. Your success and happiness lie within you. External conditions are the accidents of life, its outer wrappings. The great, enduring realities are love and service. Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulty. ~ Helen Keller
L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

My Struggle -> Pose

“The quality of your life is dependent upon the quality of the life of your cells. If the bloodstream is filled with waste products, the resulting environment does not promote a strong, vibrant, healthy cell life-or biochemistry capable of creating a balanced emotional life for an individual.” ~ Tony Robbins

Struggle pose I call it; to sit straight on the floor with the back  arched, your arms reaching out in differing stretching angles that require your spine to fully engage with the movements. This was the challenge early morning yoga class.

I get what's it's all about - support and confidence that  your spine will hold you up limber straight, when asked, and flow gracefully supine with the movements. Hah, none of that for me, I'm afraid. Surprise! Surprise!

My whole torso was in a state of stiff, bent puzzlement - like gurl' what the eck' do you want me to do and why, what for, do I really have to?!?  I felt a wave of  complaint as my backbone, new to the experience, simply  couldn't perfect the 'look'. It had a mind of its own opting to bend comfortably, resisting the ensuing straightening, lengthening experience - unsure, questioning, trying, failing, then trying again, and somehow managing to get through the whole experience with a tad of pride that the newness of something, a type of change was hurdled.

For the first time in my life, I'm treating my  body as I would a child - with  the gentleness,  kindness and  firm guided discipline of a responsible parent. Every sweat is  an enlightening joy of  nourishing and creating aliveness. Every movement is an experience,  an adventure that unlocks not only  hidden strength but colorful positive realizations as the process unfolds. 

How wonderful too, to be surrounded by people who  believe that the body gets better, fitter and even stronger as one age,s as long as you have consistent faith  coupled with motivated action to treat yourself with respect and reverence. I affirm that health and vibrancy is mine - because where focus goes, energy flows

No comments:

Post a Comment

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ~Henry David Thoreau ´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥•.

Thank you for your comment. :D