Can extract sunshine from a cloudy day!

Join the great company of those who make the barren places of life fruitful with kindness. Carry a vision of heaven in your hearts, and you shall make your name,your college, the world, correspond to that vision. Your success and happiness lie within you. External conditions are the accidents of life, its outer wrappings. The great, enduring realities are love and service. Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulty. ~ Helen Keller
L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

DETAILS OF A THURSDAY MORNING

Roselle Quin
Roselle Quin
Today I realized how much my mind works for and against me. Building up my confidence one moment, then striking me down when the pose is too new, too tough, too twisty and seemingly improbable for my body to flow with‪ #‎dealingwithchange‬. Why bother, the mind mocks, what for? ‪#‎insecurities‬ - then off it pounds with all that is not perfect and all that could go wrong and all that is needed and must be reached and had until the buzz ov' it upstages my core and I fall off the mat, perspiring and frustrated. ‪#‎findingbalance‬

But the pink mat waits kindly ‪#‎bepositive‬, so the monkey mind, I reign it, I hust it, I get back on, and do it again ‪#‎beatthemoment‬, imperfectly, but doing it ‪#‎noexcuses‬- because, the IT is what it's all about. And by the heart pose ending of a trying satisfying session, the chattering was silenced and shamed to submission - overcome by the strength of knowldege that i - did - it. You're growing your spine, literally, says my coach. Best thing I've ever heard this month. 
And these are the details of my Thursday morning. I'm now ready to start my week!
( Yes, this Thursday feels so much like a Monday! ) :D

Roselle Quin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ~Henry David Thoreau ´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥•.

Thank you for your comment. :D