Can extract sunshine from a cloudy day!

Join the great company of those who make the barren places of life fruitful with kindness. Carry a vision of heaven in your hearts, and you shall make your name,your college, the world, correspond to that vision. Your success and happiness lie within you. External conditions are the accidents of life, its outer wrappings. The great, enduring realities are love and service. Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulty. ~ Helen Keller
L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥

Friday, June 21, 2013

Food Luv'




♥¸.•*”Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥¸¸. ,•ღ. ℒℴνℯ •ღ. ℒℴνℯ •ღ.♥¸.•*”Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥
There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under the jurisdiction. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I'm going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life-whether I will see them as curses or opportunities. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts.”
~ Elizabeth Gilbert 

  
And my thoughts, I'm famished to say, go the way of oily succulent meaty smokey tasty food!! 

Attempting a two week everyday sanctimonious exercise and veggie' diet scheme, I found myself insanely lusting for the noodlie' poetry of a grand emperor Chinese buffet, haha! To credit myself, I wasn't vaguely thinking food  that late Sunday afternoon a couple of weeks back when  hubby suggested we dine out, hehe! "Hey, it's been a while," he tuttered. 

My sons were game for it so I was, "OK, where to?" -- Maybe just somewhere a walk away, like that little hole in'awall Japanese nook down the block, I expounded.  No, the brood preferred something farther. "If it's a drive you want then we lets go Chinese - that swanky' place where their golden chicken is smoked to dreamy delicious delusion," I suggested! 

This is how that night went! It was all stars when we set forth and had the"chicken." Then afterwards, it rained  terrifically torrential! We braved the initial soaky' dribbles and walked umbrella-less under the dank black sky. It was fabulous OK as because there was such a city crowd that night all in good cheer and the good vibes just drenched us all! 

Thank goodness, by the time the inky sky went bashing somber  we were snuggly ensconced in a comfy coffee and donut place. Reason I'm posting this all is because it's great to come back and recall the times when we were together as a family. Doesn't happen often enough anymore since the boys usually have their own thing going.
A few Days After: 
 I received a cutesome' invite in my FB inbox to join a virtual cocktail event. I figured I wouldn't have time to mix anything interesting so I went along with a plain bottle of "Strawberyy Hill Boones Farm " ladies drink.Just a low end wine cooler, I know, but it was fun virtually toasting ladies half way around the world!
 Then, last Father's Day hubby wanted something a bit Middle Eastern. He searched online for a nearby place we most likely haven't tried and succeeded  finding us the perfect restaurant. So we went for a drive and checked out the place. It was a cozy dig with low lights and just the right ambiance.


So we had an order of hummus ( as usual when we're in a place like this), chapatti ( I like that it was so warm and soft when served), chicken biryani and a plate of beef curry. Oh, and yes, the lamb kebabs, of course.  Afterwards' we had coffee and a slice of cake between us and my eldest son. The youngest opted to stay home. 

Last night wasn't exactly date night but once again, the man wanted to go out for dinner. Said he wanted to do a bit of celebrating for successfully conducting a rigorous training for an well esteemed client. He put in so much work and preparation for that event and now that it was done, he wanted to unwind. Unwind means food. So he asked me what I wanted to have and I had in mind Tony Roma's. But when we got to the place and I scanned the menu, for one reason or another it didn't look that appealing so we went, once again, for spicy Mediterranean food!


It's been a couple ov' weeks laced with food luv' amidst work and stressing. I haven't gone back to my exercising thing so I'll probably gain back the weight I put off - and then some, haha! Lots in my mind right now and really, I'm looking forward to a quiet Friday night. I'll probably fix up a simple, and I mean, simple  dinner for my son - and for me.

The music that goes along with this post.

glitter-graphics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ~Henry David Thoreau ´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥•.

Thank you for your comment. :D