Can extract sunshine from a cloudy day!

Join the great company of those who make the barren places of life fruitful with kindness. Carry a vision of heaven in your hearts, and you shall make your name,your college, the world, correspond to that vision. Your success and happiness lie within you. External conditions are the accidents of life, its outer wrappings. The great, enduring realities are love and service. Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulty. ~ Helen Keller
L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Enchantments of April...s' far ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥

An account of bashful blessings.
"It is passion, yes. But it is not love, not as I understand it.love is not a selfish need.It is not a hunger that must be fed.love should not exclude. It should make our lives broader, our hearts wider, surely. What kind of love is it that would lock us away, remove us from those around us. What kind of life is it to be alone.~ Dorcas Lane, Larkrise to Candleford
April Lunch in the Garden

April is heat! Blazing tropical summer days that appear to stretch soaky' sun drenched hours endlessly; languorous, defiant, and in instances merciless in playing flames with the mind causing  internal spurts of havoc that provoke sapped enervated tempers and sun stroked souls to whomp in weary exasperation -- and sneezing! We, creatures underneath a sun god sky, morph much like into  biting harangued fire ants that pester my garden insisting on existence, occupying the base of my mango tree wagging locked antennas in war stance lashing for territorial rights. Hah!  But, lest I make it appear, let me clarify that ---> April is NoT about ants and creepy creatures, No! Nor is it  about momentary fi·as·cos  of dispassionate connections, nOoooo! On the contrary....

April is a picnic summer basket of bashful blessings!  
And the month isn't over yet. S'far let me recount what most strikes me joyfully of the days gone by.

April is....
♥  Romantic starlit moon bright evenings!
♥  Irenic, sultry weekend afternoons reading in my backyard under the shady embrace of my "Mrs. Mango tree!"
♥ Connecting with an old friend and the resulting realizations that birthed from it.

 and April is the enchantment of...

♥ My discovery of Edna St.Vincent Millay! How I just swoon and live in her poetics!
♥ The witty Dorcas Lane! If I could only be as wise.
Larkrise To Candleford! All 4 seasons were so "wonder full"...I was overcome with forlorn to have reached the last episode. I feel so lucky to have chanced all complete episodes and seasons on Youtube! I fancied it as much as I did Rosemary and Thyme!

"Laura Thyme: What's your experience with goats?
Rosemary Boxer: None.
Laura Thyme: Chickens?
Rosemary Boxer: Only in soup or sandwich form."



and yes, may I make mention of even practical enchantments..
♥ 2 new air-conditioners installed!
♥ a bigger grander no- frost ref, haha!
♥ my eldest son enrolled in college summer class with just a few more units  to complete his college diploma in Legal Management
♥ my youngest son enrolled for his summer OJT and is now with a major media outfit. I hear he is having fun. He too graduates this year.

Me

Afternoon on a Hill

I will be the gladdest thing
   Under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
   And not pick one.

I will look at cliffs and clouds
   With quiet eyes,
Watch the wind bow down the grass,
   And the grass rise.

And when lights begin to show
   Up from the town,
I will mark which must be mine,
   And then start down!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're having a blessed April. Thanks for the links, i am watching them on youtube. I just love Bristish English and the oh so proper manners :)



    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Ali!

    Happy you loved the links! xoxo! :D

    ReplyDelete

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ~Henry David Thoreau ´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥•.

Thank you for your comment. :D