Can extract sunshine from a cloudy day!

Join the great company of those who make the barren places of life fruitful with kindness. Carry a vision of heaven in your hearts, and you shall make your name,your college, the world, correspond to that vision. Your success and happiness lie within you. External conditions are the accidents of life, its outer wrappings. The great, enduring realities are love and service. Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulty. ~ Helen Keller
L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Live, Love & Laugh

February Musings on the Wisdom of Celebrating Felicity
Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥¸¸. ,•ღ. ℒℴνℯ •ღ. ℒℴνℯ♥¸.•*”Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥
Lady Wisdom has built and furnished her home;it's supported by seven hewn timbers. The banquet meal is ready to be served: lamb roasted, wine poured out,table set with silver and flowers; Having dismissed her serving maids, Lady Wisdom goes to town, stands in a prominent place and invites everyone within sound of her voice; 
"Are you confused about life, don't know what's going on? Come with me, oh come have dinner with me! I've prepared a wonderful spread--fresh baked bread, roast lamb,carefully selected wines. Leave your impoverished confusion and live! Walk up the street to a life with meaning. ~ Proverbs 9:1-6

Thanks a million dee' to chance that I read this verse early this morning after the events of having gotten' out of the wrong side of the bed and behaving like a half twit' bat  towards someone - ok - towards one of my sons who was frantically searching for a sock. But by golly' I have not been remiss in warning everyone that I am barely human before 9 am and goodness knows what groggy creature I may be at barely past 5  with nary a slug of coffee, bah!

• ♥ • All survived and it is a pleasant afternoon presently with me recalling that half a minute charged dawn mini-drama which all but placed an imperceptible dent on what is blossoming to be a pretty memory of a charming February. Much have I to recall of laughter and felicity and perhaps, yes, perhaps I could give myself a little pat on the back for somehow keeping "me" together during crookie' moments when times weren't so favorably right and I had the power within me to actually make things worse -> only I didn't, hahaha! Wee'..a bit grown wiser may I becoming? Perhaps, perhaps...

I am grateful for the inspiration of the Highest Wisdom who reigns me in and soothes my being when I whisper a prayer that twines around • ♥ • "please, I want to be strongly gentle...not riled or rattled or rock frenzied by muddled circumstances...let me be the bearer of wise silence when someone unburdens on me, patient and understanding and courageous in holding forth my two cents worth unless genuinely desired.. 

  And since it's February and one can be more than pardoned for being a little bit brash with bold pronouncements of "charmed living," (hehe!) it is Without Apology that I flagrantly brandish pictures of  --->
Living My Own Style of A Charmed Life!

"If you celebrate your differentness, the world will, too. It believes exactly what you tell it through the words you use to describe yourself, the actions you take to care for yourself. Tell the world you are one-of-a-kind creation who came here to experience wonder and spread joy. Expect to be accommodated." ~ Victoria Moran


Tis' with a strain of awkwardness that I try to live the above wit, for hooked maliciously on a strand of thought is a hair of guilt that I don't deserve to enjoy - anything; that every moment I cherish is selfishness on my part when there are so many I know wallowing in misfortune of some sort. It sounds mighty crazy but this truth brings out the most unsavory unladylike and quite repulsive side of my character; for instead of enjoying the moment and being grateful of life, I unconsciously reflect negativity, become gravely withdrawn and stoically project an ill perceived manner so flagrantly unbecoming. Thank goodness, that the great God in his marvelous mercy worked with time, and I daresay, through the love of my partner causing my inner person to relax and mellow and be serenely healed, if I may say so, of myself.  

Today, I fondly welcome these chains of beautiful simple abundance moments that always present themselves to me. I laugh, I love and live with a focus on the moment. And when I find myself being led to thoughts of doom, I wrestle it captive to the love of God. It's not easy. But I am not alone.

Now here's that bit of chocolate cake I had last luvy duvy' Valentine's day, hehe!  Bit of a surprise really - I wasn't expecting to go out that evening. The LOVE had a very hectic day and I preferred to celebrate a quiet evening at home. My cell rang mid- afternoon and he absolutely insisted that we go out. Wouldn't even tell me where,  so I was seamlessly thrilled by the mystery of it all, haha! Round 6 pm he picked me up and still - wouldn't divulge much info, until we reached city proper and stuck in traffic  gave the restaurant a call to make sure our table would be held  in reserve for us. Dawned on me, but of course, where else would it be most perfect to spend a lovely night but at TITANIA's Wine Cellar We had been there once  about a year ago for a platter of cheese and wine, and vowed we would be back for the whole deal as I was enamored with the place. What perfect timing!

How can I describe it - that night - except to say that both the place, the food and the crowd merged into a frolic of red upholstered loveliness  - quite a heady aura of "Phantom of the Operaesque" romance cloaked with a wonderfully fortunate ending. Suffice it to say, the evening qualifies as one of those memorable Valentines I would with fondness recall when I get to be all crinkly old (cute) and grey. 

Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥¸¸. ,•ღ. ℒℴνℯ •ღ. ℒℴνℯ♥¸.•*”Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥
Each day offers us the gift of being a special occasion if we can simply learn that as well as giving, it is blessed to receive with grace and a grateful heart. ~ Sarah Ban Breathnach

1 comment:

  1. What a blessed February, that's all i can say. I guess we can't have it all but just be grateful whatever is placed on our plate, but yeah, i'd rather not have a smelly sock drama too, but hey, it's the little bit of adrenaline that will make us laugh few years from now.

    Have a wonderful rest of February!

    ReplyDelete

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ~Henry David Thoreau ´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥•.

Thank you for your comment. :D