Can extract sunshine from a cloudy day!

Join the great company of those who make the barren places of life fruitful with kindness. Carry a vision of heaven in your hearts, and you shall make your name,your college, the world, correspond to that vision. Your success and happiness lie within you. External conditions are the accidents of life, its outer wrappings. The great, enduring realities are love and service. Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulty. ~ Helen Keller
L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥L❀VE ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥ •´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥

Thursday, December 27, 2012

2013- A Year That Promises Sparkles

Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥¸¸. ,•ღ. ℒℴνℯ •ღ. ℒℴνℯ♥¸.•*”Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥¸¸. ,•ღ. ℒℴνℯ •ღ. ℒℴνℯ♥¸.•*”Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥
She who leaves a trail of glitter always sparkles! ( and is never forgotten too, haha!) And that's what 2013 will be for me - a - trail - of - sparkles! I am setting out to make the coming year a jolly, joyful, mirthful, laughter filled year. I dare declare it my jubilee year; 365 days of purposely planned and carefully crafted effervescent days of  joy.- I mean that - or my name isn't Lady Prism, haha!

The way I see it, you and I are both vessels of light. I am - You are- light incarnate! We are meant to shimmer and  radiate. Whatever religious affiliation, ideology, conviction, race, color or creed, Christmas is for all. It is the rekindling gift of light by the Christ, our Redeemer, offered to every single living thing on earth, be it man, woman, child or creature. Let everything that has life praise the Lord, the Good Book says, for He has come to give us joy, a joy the world cannot give.

The Christ of Christmas I know is the spirit of the loving Nazarene, a beacon of love and light, who without earthly political agenda set out to boldly speak of hope, forgiveness and redemption. His message was one of living on higher ground through the practical application of kindness towards self and neighbors. Such a very simple, plain preaching devoid of religious hysteria it was hard to take then, and hard to take now.

And as we are reminded by the season to live in joy, I am personally filled to the brim with a hope of having my light within rekindled luminescent.  A happy me means a happy community of those around me.  I want my happiness to flow because I want my joy to touch you. Being happy takes conscious effort. It takes work. It takes loving discipline; a positive focusing of thoughts hinged on faith. Whatever is good, whatever is lovely, whatever is worthy of praise, think only of those things, the Good Book says.

Being happy takes planning, organization and  execution. The world created out of chaos was formed into order, so should our lives be. It takes sacrifice at times, a giving up of temporal enticements that appear exciting at the present moment but lead nowhere except to  the inner enclaves of spiritual destitution and moral disaster - for if the light in you is darkness, how terribly dark it will be.  Happiness takes courage and a dash of bravery too! It takes giving up and  letting go. It takes an open heart and an open mind. Happiness is not only being with people, it is at times wrestling with a loneliness so deep, facing whatever need be, then plodding on until the clouds break through and light bursts forth again. Happiness is consciously casting out whatever dark thoughts that assail the spirit during downtrodden days, believing that we are never truly alone. Happiness is the mastery of patience, the generosity of understanding, and the charity of forgiving - everyday.

These words I write simply because in times when I feel less than shinning, it would do well to refer the fact that I am a person who chooses to be happy. I am created for joy. My happiness does not hinge on objects to own or people to possess. It isn't hooked on how I am perceived by others either looked up or looked down upon. My happiness is not flared by the grand theatrics of a howling, drinking partying crowd, nor seduced by ominous racks of designer must haves. It isn't rocked by despairing days or rendered arrogant by triumph. My happiness stems from a confidence that I am esteemed by a God of Love and, that my worth is far above rubies. My fave Max Lucado book says it all - God wants you, just the way you are. And this, this is the happiness that makes me sparkle. This is my light. A light that you and I both share, magnificently lit from an everlasting radiant Divine source that kindles from within.

“You are the light of the world.
A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. 

~ Matthew 5:14


No comments:

Post a Comment

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ~Henry David Thoreau ´¯`•.¸¸.♥Fiat Lux ♥´¯`•.¸¸.• ♥•.

Thank you for your comment. :D